Through art, public spaces have become the perfect canvas for many artists around the world, transforming walls, buildings, and neighborhoods into outdoor galleries. Art in public spaces for all to see. Walls with messages, colorful designs, words are constantly taking over the art scene. Maritime Garage Gallery is seeking works inspired by street art, guerrilla art, graffiti, tagging, stencil graffiti, poster art, and urban intervention.
Curator Nadia Martinez
- Up to 5 pieces are allowed. Most mediums accepted with the exception of pedestal sculpture. Works less than 48" wide and less than 84" high properly wired ready to be hung.
- Uploads should be in JPG files.
- If work is accepted, artists are responsible for shipping costs to and from the Gallery.
- A non-refundable submission fee of $35 payable online via PayPal, Credit or Debit.
- Submission deadline: Saturday, September 22nd, 2018
- Notification: Sunday, September 30th, 2018
- Selected artwork must be dropped off for installation between October 8 to 13, 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Opening reception: Monday, October 29th, 2018, 5:00 to 7:00 pm
- Artwork pick-up: January 22nd to 26th, 2019, from 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Entries for submission are being accepted from applicants 18 years and older through September 22nd, 2018.
Please contact us if you don’t receive a confirmation email after submission.
Maritime Gallery at the Maritime Garage
11 North Water Street, Norwalk, CT 06854