- I received a parking ticket, what do I do?
Please click here to pay
Please click here to appeal
- I’m commuting to New York, what are my parking options?
You can park daily at:
• South Norwalk Train Station –7 days/week
• East Norwalk Train Station Saturday and Sunday only
• Or apply for permit; click here
- Is there daily parking at the South or East Norwalk Train Station? Yes, daily parking fee for the:
• South Norwalk Train Station is $12 per day
• East Norwalk Train Station Monday through Friday, permit only parking. Saturday through Sunday, parking fee is $8.00 daily
- Does Norwalk boot cars?
Yes, when you have two or more outstanding parking tickets.
- How long can I stay in an on-street parking area?
The posted time limits are typically 2 hours. Except long-term meters on Monroe and Madison Street.
- If I display a handicap permit do I have to pay?
Yes, you still have to pay for parking.
- Does the permit guarantee a parking space?
No, we do not assign parking spaces. A monthly permit offers parking at a discounted rate on a first come first serve basis.
- Do I have to be a Norwalk resident to get a monthly permit?
No, there are no residency requirements.
- When are the on-street parking meters enforced?
The hours of operation are between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m.
Additionally, there is enforcement on Sundays and the major holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. On-street parking is enforced on minor holidays when City Hall is closed: Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Good Friday, Columbus Day, Veteran's Day and the day after Thanksgiving. This follows the same operation as garbage collection.
- What are the hours of operations for parking lots and facilities?
All off-street parking garages and lots are 24/7 including holidays.
- Where can I find parking rates for all the facilities?
Click here for more information.
- What are the hourly payment options at the facilities?
• Pay by cash, credit card or coin at all of our facilities except at the East Norwalk Railroad Station where we only accept pay by smart phone on the weekends
• Pay by phone at all our facilities. Click here for more information.
• Pay by plate at all our off street facilities
- Is there dedicated, secure parking for bicycles at any of the parking facilities? Are there bike racks?
There are secure bike racks at a number of facilities. They are at the following locations:
1. South Norwalk Railroad Station – State Street/Westbound side and on the Eastbound side, both adjacent to the building
2. East Norwalk Railroad Station – Westbound side next to the concession building
3. Maritime Garage – inside on the first floor at the Water Street entrance.